The Late Rev. Msgr. Braz Fr. D’Silva had the school recognized by the Educational department as an English Teaching High School in 1938. The first Principal of the High School was Rev. Fr. Wilfred Pereira. ” The parish gained largely by his sunny personality, his remarkable fluency of speech that spread his fame as a preacher, his brilliancy and his indefatigable energy which found such outlets as the organization of the Thane Catholic Association Study Club and the formation of a highly efficient and talented parish choir.” A. P. Pereira. (St. John’s Annual 1957).
Though the results at the Matriculation were heart-breaking, sometime between 1938 and 1947, those pioneers at the helm of affairs moved heaven and earth to bring the school to an ordinarily satisfactory level.

Posted in .