1947 – The year of India ‘s Independence – saw an energetic young priest the Late Rev. Fr. Stanislaus Pereira directing the affairs at St. John’s . His policy of educational reconstruction brought the School to limelight. From then onwards the persistent efforts of an array of brilliant and devoted priests, ably supported by trained and qualified teachers and the unstinted co-operation of loyal and devoted students helped the School to grow slowly and steadily to its present stature of academic, cultural and co-curricular achievements.